How to determine your Ring Size (and Convert to US Sizing, if required)
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RING SIZE
The best way to get your fingers sized properly is at a professional jewellers using a ring sizer. However this is not always possible, or convenient and the following methods can be used at home to determine your ring size.
For the best measurement, measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is at its largest. DO NOT measure cold fingers because this is when your fingers will be at their smallest.
NB: If in doubt about your size, always go up a size rather than down.
Watch this Helpful Explainer Video 1
If you have an existing ring that you are happy with the fit on your finger, then using a ruler, simply measure the inside diameter of your existing ring and look up the 'US' size for your ring inside diameter on the ring size conversion chart below.
Watch this Helpful Explainer Video 2
1. With a piece of non-stretchy string, or strip of paper no wider than 13 mm (1/2 inch).
2. Wrap it around the base of your appropriate finger, tight enough to feel comfortable, but not too loose.
3. Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle around your finger.
4. Unwrap the string/paper onto a flat surface and using a ruler, measure the length between the pen marks on the string/paper.
5. Use the ring circumference chart below to determine your 'UK' ring size. You can then convert your 'UK' ring size to the corresponding 'US' ring size in the ring size conversion chart shown in method 1 above.